Sunday, May 16, 2010

the Howard Stern Show

For starters I've always loved Howard,
though due to budget & whatnot I haven't kept in touch since his E! & WBCN days.
I occasionally heard glimpses of his Sirius show but never got a proper fix.
Recently I've intercepted transmission & have been tuning in daily.

Certainly this isn't the Stern I remember,
the Jew-nosed long limb shock jock I recall was a no holds barred deviant
who disrupted the system feeding off pop cultures debauchery.
Nowadays he seems to be a part of the crowd he despised,
rubbing elbows with Rosie O'Donnell fueled by an addiction to American Idol.

Not to mention:
Artie Lange has departed
I hear he attempted suicide by stabbing himself in the chest,
something I've recently been enticed by after realizing singer Elliott Smith died in this manner.
So needless to say, it's just Howard & Robin...
I've always despised Robin, she's bland, she's Whoopi, she's Oprah!
I hear Howie recently was gonna ask Jackie Martling back,
he had no idea & after being invited to dinner
"the Jokeman" insinuated Howard was a "cheap jew" & basically ruined his chances.

The highlights of the show are now the clips in between commercials
of memories past.
They're so low on talent that they're having a contest seeking new "Wack Pack" members,
to which they said the applicants are low.
Howie even said he had a dream that 8 months from now he wouldn't be on Sirius.
Seeing that his contract is up soon this may be but a glimpse unto the crystal ball.
Long story short:
I love Stern, I'm thrilled to be back on board,
but hope he "operation: clean sweeps" the show
returning it back to its roots.
I believe in terms of cast its just had some bad luck,
here's hoping the future will put the kibosh on such misfortune.

No comments: