Thursday, June 9, 2011

poll: 48% of Americans believe another Great Depression will occur in the next year

the highest that figure has ever reached. The survey also indicates that just under half live in a household where someone has lost a job or are worried that unemployment may hit them in the near future.
*********************

I'm extremely thankful I still have a job, I've not always been the most dependable but always work hard when I show up. My company pays me a fair amount, well over minimum wage, I have no quarrels with the amount this day in age. Problem is: I'm still broke.I don't go out, I don't buy anything, don't drink, smoke or do drugs and still don't have a dollar to show for over 3 years of consistent work.
Problem isn't my wages, but rather the cost of living. I can't even try to fathom how someone could survive solely on minimum wage this day in age?
Modern bread lines are replaced with EBT cards.

No comments: